- This event has passed.
State of Automotive Recall and Warranty Summit
March 26, 2018 @ 7:30 am - 11:00 am
5th Annual State of Automotive Recall and Warranty Summit
The state of recalls in the automotive industry continues to be alarming. OEMs and suppliers paid out nearly $11.8 billion in claims and tallied $10.3 billion in warranty accruals for U.S. recalls in 2016, with the $22.1 billion total estimated to be 26 percent higher than 2015.
The total number of vehicles recalled in the U.S. in 2016 climbed 4.5 percent to 53.1 million from 50.8 million in 2015, making 2016 the highest year ever. Is there an end in the sight?
SAA’s 5th Annual State of Automotive Recall and Warranty Summit will take a new approach this year and look deeper into the results of these recalls. What is considered insurable? How are these recalls impacting valuations? What are the short-term and long-term legal ramifications? How do recalls impact used car pricing and what have they meant to the repair industry? And much more including gaining insight into best practices for multi-channel recall communications that drive unprecedented results.
Register today to take a deep dive into the world of recalls and learn how this critical issue impacts you.
Who Should Attend and Why:
- OEM Representatives
- The latest trends and insights regarding recall size, scope, and type will be shared.
- Suppliers – Risk Management and Finance
- Insights helping suppliers assess component risk and costs will be provided, as well as risk mitigation opportunities and strategies.
- Legal Counsel
- OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers continue to focus on the costs of recall and automotive defects. We’ll explore the latest trends and tactics OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers are using.
- Automotive Equity Analysts, Investors, and Advisors
- With mounting recalls and associated costs, understanding and analyzing OEM and Tier 1 supplier value requires a sophisticated understanding of recall trends and costs – especially for each supplier’s product portfolio. We’ll discuss how to use recall data to do this – and what it means for fundamental financial analysis.
- Used Car Dealers
- Used car dealers play an important role in the recall of older vehicles – we will discuss why and how.
- New Car Dealers
- Franchised dealers are being asked to take an increasing role in recall communication and outreach – we’ll discuss new strategies that are being tested.
- Auction Houses
- Vehicle auctions play an important role in the recall of all vehicles, and especially older vehicle – we will discuss why and how.
- Independent Repair Facilities (Collision Centers and Mechanics)
- Collision centers and mechanics play an important role in the recall of older vehicles – we will discuss why and how
SPECIAL OFFER: Attendees will be eligible to receive a complimentary defect data assessment using the Stout Defect Data Platform.
Automotive Practice Leader
Foley & Lardner LLP
Head of Detroit Office
Director of Business Development
President & CEO
ROSEN Convergence Marketing
In partnership with: