Industry Insight Video Series
In this edition of SAA's Industry Insights, Dave Andrea of Plante Moran discusses the findings of the 2021 WRI Study, which analyzes the working relationship between the top 6 OEMs and their suppliers.
What's New at the SAA
REIMAGINING THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY
Join the SAA and its Young Professionals Network (YPN) on August 18th as a panel of experts discuss Reimagining the Future of Mobility. The panel will address the mobility ecosystem as a whole.
UPDATED POWERTRAIN AND EV FORECAST
12th ANNUAL OEM PURCHASING SUMMIT
IMPACT OF IMMIGRATION POLICIES ON AUTO INDUSTRY
8th ANNUAL AUTOMOTIVE RECALLS SUMMIT
• New Event Notice: Reimagining the Future of Mobility
• Miss the LMC Lunch and Learn?
• New SAA Industry Insight Video Examines Findings of Working Relations Index Study
• Can Suppliers Avoid Extinction as the Automobile Pivots to Electric?
• Enterprise Value Increases to Drive Robust Automotive Supplier M&A Activity
• New Vehicle Prices Hit May Record
• Supply Constraints to Slow U.S. Auto Sales Growth in June
• Which Automotive OEMs Have the Best Supplier Relations?
• Semiconductor Shortages: Who is Cashing in?
• Mexico: There Is a (Growing) Liability in Your Fixed Assets – Which You Know You Have
• U.S. Hybrid Vehicle Market Share is Double That of Full EVs
• How Technology is Changing the Automotive Industry
• Raw Material Costs Rising for Automotive Industry
• LexisNexis Risk Solutions Helps Automakers Bridge Secondary Owner Knowledge Gap
• Is Your Culture Ready for Industry 4.0?
• Expectations for Youngstown’s Reinvention Diminish as Electric Truck Companies Scatter
• Automakers And Suppliers Need to Adapt “All-New Ways of Doing Business’
IHS Markit has published three insight pieces providing research and perspectives into how the U.S. new and used vehicle ecosystems have already evolved from their pre-COVID-19 days, and, more importantly, what the more settled post-COVID-19 world, when it does arrive, will look like. These papers help navigate a path to a “new normal” in such unique times.Read More
By year-end, there will be 21 new BEVs in the US market and we anticipate twice that number of new arrivals in 2022. Are we finally entering a phase of higher BEV demand? And when can we expect BEVs to overtake their ICE counterparts?Read More
The great microchip crunch that has squeezed the auto industry should be mostly over by the middle of this year. But carmakers shouldn’t be so quick to forget the crisis’ lessons: Not only will there be a next time, but that next time will likely be worse.Read More
The COVID crisis is proving to be a bigger accelerator for altering the automotive industry in fundamental ways than originally expected. OEMs must continue to grapple with the challenges brought about by autonomous driving, shared mobility, driveline electrification, but now there are additional changes in manufacturing as automaking transforms to a product from a service.Read More
Mark your calendars for the North American International Auto Show’s Q’d Up Mobility event on June 15 as experts explore the outlook of the electric vehicle market and the challenges and opportunities that will come with the shift.Read More
Analysis indicates that global aggregate auto supplier enterprise values will increase over $400 billion by the spring of 2022 (two years after the pandemic began), leading to robust M&A activity in the next 24 months.Read More
Informa Tech Automotive Group: Connecting the automotive and technology ecosystem to inform, inspire and accelerate a brighter future.
Combining the research expertise of Wards Intelligence, the reach and community of WardsAuto, and the connection and event power of TU-Automotive, our trusted brand pillars provide expert direction into automotive and technology with unrivaled opportunities to develop and differentiate your company’s position within it.
Ford Motor Company has issued an update to its Production Purchasing Global Terms and Conditions (effective July 1, 2021). Suppliers to Ford must carefully consider the changes and differences from prior versions of these Terms in order to understand the implications for their businesses.Foley & Lardner LLP prepared an analysis to help suppliers navigate these changes by not only identifying the most significant provisions and changes, but also explaining the possible implications and recommending strategic responses that suppliers should consider. Click here to view a PDF of the analysis.