What's New at the SAA
ARE CONSUMERS READY FOR THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY?
The SAA, in cooperation with Great Lakes GrowthWorks, will examine many of the key issues relating to mobility’s future on Feb. 18, 2020. Hear from a diverse line-up of mobility experts and come prepared with your questions.
MOBILITY: REALITIES AND GROUND TRUTHS
NETWORKING IN EASTERN MARKET
Members and guests joined the SAA’s Young Professionals Network (YPN) for a fun networking event on October 3, 2019. Attendees met at Eastern Market Brewing Co. for networking, took a short tour of Eastern Market, returned to the Brewery to hear from Design Core, and enjoyed pizza from Supino's with more networking and cold beer.
3rd Quarter Industry Insights
Industry Insights is a new quarterly video series that will feature industry thought leaders providing compelling perspectives on what lays ahead for our sector. Our Third Quarter video features automotive industry experts from DuckerFrontier. (video produced by Media Genesis)
• Attend Automotive Outlook Conference to Know What to Expect in 2020
• Auto Sales Expected to Top 17 Million Vehicles for Fifth Consecutive Year
• NADA Forecasts Slight Decline in 2020 U.S. Auto Sales to 16.8 Million New Vehicles
• Recalls and Corruption Probes Reshaped the Auto Industry Heading Into 2020s
• Is the Auto Industry Set to Witness a Consolidation Spree?
• The European Auto Industry Is Racing To Ditch Diesel
• Auto Suppliers at a Crossroads
• Top Automotive Stories of 2019
• Top Stories of the Decade: The Automotive Industry in Transition
• Why SUVs are Getting Bigger and Bigger
A combined FCA PSA group would become the fourth largest OEM globally, with an annual production volume exceeding 8 million Light Vehicles per year. On that basis, it would surpass Hyundai Group, General Motors, Ford and Honda.
Assuming a binding agreement is reached to create a new automotive giant, there remain significant execution risks associated with combining two sizeable entities.
What does this mean for the industry?Read More
In the past decade, there has been no shortage of optimism from automakers and tech companies like Uber and Lyft over two major emerging technologies: autonomous and electric vehicles. After years of hype, companies in the space will look to deliver on ambitious promises in the 2020s.Read More
Oakland University senior Marissa DeCook is the 2019 recipient of SAA’s Thought Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship. Marissa, who grew up in Macomb, Mich., is currently studying Operations Management with a specialization in Supply Chain Management and a minor in Business Analytics.Read More