Industry Insight Video Series
The latest video in SAA's Industry Insights Series features Mike Wall of IHS Markit. Watch to hear Mike's current outlook for the U.S. and global automotive industry.
What's New at the SAA
12th ANNUAL OEM PURCHASING SUMMIT
TOYOTA'S GLOBAL EFFORTS TO ACHIEVE MOBILITY FOR ALL
Technology is radically reshaping mobility in ways that will profoundly impact communities around the world. Join us to hear from two of Toyota North America’s senior executives about how the company is leading the way to this mobility future.
UPDATED POWERTRAIN AND EV FORECAST
IMPACT OF IMMIGRATION POLICIES ON AUTO INDUSTRY
HOW AUTOMOTIVE MARKETS AROUND THE WORLD ARE RECOVERING FROM THE PANDEMIC
8th ANNUAL AUTOMOTIVE RECALLS SUMMIT
• Hear from – and Meet – Top OEM Purchasing Executives at Purchasing Summit
• New Immigration Policies and Their Impacts on the Automotive Talent Base
• Latest SAA Industry Insights Video Examines State of the Industry
• Ann Marie Uetz Joins SAA’s Board of Directors
• Auto-Recall Attention Turns to Integrated Electronics
• April New Vehicle Sales Come in As Expected with Triple-Digit Increases
• Global Auto Demand Tracker Added to SAA’s Website
• Forecasted Jump in April Auto Sales Gets Second Confirmation
• US Inventory: How Low Can It Go?
• Don’t Repeat Mistakes That Led to the Microchip Shortage
• GM President Reuss Says Chip Shortage is ‘Worst’ Auto Supply Issue Ever as Sale Prices Rise
• Supplier Alert: Key Changes in Ford’s New Terms and Conditions
• Daimler Sees Mercedes Margins Surging to Highest in Years
• Why You Should Buy Ford Stock
• Cyber Security Risk Report Examines Balancing Risk and Opportunity Through Better Decisions
• Now is a Great Time to Sell Your Old Car. Used Car Sales are Soaring
• Auto Sales Rebounding: Honda Sees Several Models Flying Off Lots in April
IHS Markit has published three insight pieces providing research and perspectives into how the U.S. new and used vehicle ecosystems have already evolved from their pre-COVID-19 days, and, more importantly, what the more settled post-COVID-19 world, when it does arrive, will look like. These papers help navigate a path to a “new normal” in such unique times.Read More
The global semiconductor shortage continues to apply pressure to global Light Vehicle production. Plant shutdowns, reduced shifts and slow build-rates are estimated to undermine global LV production in the opening half of 2021 by almost 3 million units.Read More
The great microchip crunch that has squeezed the auto industry should be mostly over by the middle of this year. But carmakers shouldn’t be so quick to forget the crisis’ lessons: Not only will there be a next time, but that next time will likely be worse.Read More
The COVID crisis is proving to be a bigger accelerator for altering the automotive industry in fundamental ways than originally expected. OEMs must continue to grapple with the challenges brought about by autonomous driving, shared mobility, driveline electrification, but now there are additional changes in manufacturing as automaking transforms to a product from a service.Read More
Mark your calendars for the North American International Auto Show’s Q’d Up Mobility event on April 1 to hear three top experts as they discuss the current power landscape in the EV market, where we’ll be by the end of 2021 and what the future holds.Read More
Ford Motor Company has issued an update to its Production Purchasing Global Terms and Conditions (effective July 1, 2021). Suppliers to Ford must carefully consider the changes and differences from prior versions of these Terms in order to understand the implications for their businesses.Foley & Lardner LLP prepared an analysis to help suppliers navigate these changes by not only identifying the most significant provisions and changes, but also explaining the possible implications and recommending strategic responses that suppliers should consider. Click here to view a PDF of the analysis.