Entries are now being accepted for SAA's Mobility Innovation Awards.
An award competition that is free and easy to enter.
Winners will be announced during SAA's virtual Innovation Summit on November 18, 2020.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: OCTOBER 23, 2020
Easy to do from the comforts of your home office:
Step 1: Choose the category you wish to enter
Step 2: Complete the short entry form
Step 3: Submit (e-mail) photos and other background info which may help your entry
Step 4: Sit back and wait to hear from the SAA if you are a finalist
The two finalists for each category will be asked to give a brief presentation on the innovation during the virtual Innovation Summit.
There are two award categories:
1) Innovations in Lightweighting (advanced materials, powertrain, batteries, enabling technologies, etc.)
2) Technologies Enabling New Business Models
After completing the form below, please send a photo of the technology being entered, logo of company and any other related image to email@example.com.
About the Award Categories:
Innovations in Lightweighting (advanced materials, powertrain, batteries, enabling technologies, etc.): This award recognizes suppliers serving North American and global automotive OEMs with innovative products or technologies that provide either direct or indirect mass savings.
The 2019 winner, Novelis, was recognized for its Electric Vehicle Battery Enclosure -- the first aluminum sheet battery enclosure solution to address customers’ needs in the rapidly growing electric vehicle and battery markets. Novelis' enclosure is up to 50% lighter than an equivalent steel design and accommodates all battery cell types.
Technologies Enabling New Business Models:
The nominees for this category would include suppliers, OEMs and service providers who are pushing the boundaries in serving and proactively responding to the highly evolving “mobility” space. The award would identify the companies that are actively transitioning away from traditional business models and practices and adding new lines of business and services, including any of the following:
- Electrification and Automated Driving
- Focus on initiatives in and outside the traditional auto industry, i.e. eVTOL or charging infrastructures
- Advanced propulsion technologies including batteries and motors/drives
The 2019 winner was WiTricity for its DRIVE 11 “Park-and-Charge.” The technology provides wireless, hands-free charging of electric vehicles. Consumers can now drive into a garage or parking space and have the EV charge automatically without plugging in.
Winners will also be featured in AutoBeat Daily.
About the Judges:
Judges for the 2019 Mobility Innovation Awards include:
- Abe Vadhavkar, Former Director of Manufacturing, Engineering & Technology, Center for Automotive Research (CAR)
- Hadrian Rori, Chief Technical Officer, Lightweight Innovations for Tomorrow (LIFT)
- Lindsay Brooke, Editor-in-Chief of Automotive Engineering and Autonomous Vehicle Engineering Magazines, SAE International