- This event has passed.
MEMA/SAA 14th Annual Purchasing Summit
May 23 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
This event is held in partnership with:
The 14th Annual MEMA/SAA Purchasing Summit will be held on May 23, 2023, and will be hosted by Marelli at its Customer Experience Center in Southfield, MI. The summit offers a unique opportunity to hear directly from OEM purchasing representatives.
The event will begin with an industry overview and supplier outlook perspective from Itay Michaeli, Analyst-Autos, Citi. Following this presentation, Dave Andrea, Principal, Plante Moran, will share key highlights from the latest Plante Moran North American Automotive OEM-Supplier Working Relations Index® (WRI®) Study.
Following Andrea’s presentation, purchasing executives from several OEMs will provide commentary on the study results and answer questions from event participants. OEM executives will be announced soon. The event will conclude with an opportunity to network with OEM purchasing executives in attendance.
Attendees of this event will walk away with a better understanding of the following:
- What the biggest challenges are facing the OEMs going forward, and how OEMs see these challenges affecting their suppliers.
- How the OEMs’ purchasing organizations are changing in the new EV vs ICE environment – both internally with engineering, manufacturing, etc., and externally with suppliers.
- How accelerated OEM EV programs inject more risk for suppliers with their uncertain volumes and timing, and how OEMs plan to support their suppliers during this transition.
- How the new ESG reporting requirements are being handled by OEMs with respect to suppliers.
- How OEMs are working to solve geo-political issues affecting plant location, technology, materials, and cost – and how their solutions are being communicated to suppliers.
Automotive suppliers with a commercial responsibility or direct customer interface are encouraged to attend this event.
Vice President of Purchasing Supplier Development
General Manager, Procurement
Honda Development & Manufacturing of America
8 a.m. Registration, Breakfast, and Networking
9 a.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
9:15 a.m. Industry Overview and Supplier Outlook Perspective, Itay Michaeli, Analyst-Autos, Citi
9:30 a.m. Plante Moran North American Automotive OEM-Supplier Working Relations Index (WRI) Study Results, Dave Andrea, Principal, Plante Moran
10 a.m. Q&A Session
10:20 a.m. Networking Break
10:35 a.m. OEM Panel Session
11:30 a.m. Closing Remarks
11:35 a.m. Networking Session with OEM Purchasing Executives
12 p.m. Adjourn
This event is sold out.
There will be no on-site registration for this event.