10th Annual Automotive Recalls Summit
April 19 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Held in partnership with:
After a record-breaking number of recalls in 2021, the number of automotive recalls in the past year remained elevated and consistent with the upward trajectory of the last 5 years. Indeed, 2022 had the second highest number of automotive light vehicle recalls, second only to 2021. Yet, the average recall size continues to shrink. Still, 2022 saw multiple recalls affecting more than 1 million vehicles. And, as the industry continues to innovate, new risks are emerging related to electrification, automation and technology integration.
The 10th Annual Automotive Recalls Summit will examine recent trends in the industry, including:
- The latest automotive recall trends, including recall size, type, and scope.
- What is driving the continuing increase in the number of recalls and what does it mean for the future of recalls?
- Examining features of the most dangerous recalls to reimagine customer outreach, recall completion, and vehicle safety.
- Interpreting risk profiles for key components to understand the implications for vehicle safety and the cost of recalls.
- Defect risks and opportunities related to environmental exposure, component assembly failures, and the latest technology defects.
- Hear key insights into emerging issues from our guest speakers from across the industry.
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Stout Presentation
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm LexisNexis Case Study
3:30 pm – 4:00 pm Networking and Discussion with Stout team
Dr. Stephen A. Ridella, PhD.
Director, Office of Defects Investigation
Dept. of Transportation NHTSA
JTT Safety Compliance Specialty, LLC
Raymond Roth, Director — Disputes, Compliance, and Investigations Group
Neil Steinkamp, Managing Director
Robert Levine, Director — Disputes, Compliance, and Investigations Group
Anson Smuts, Senior Manager — Disputes, Compliance, and Investigations Group
Christian Zakhem, Associate
New in 2023: Insights into Non-Responders
Following the presentations and Q&A Session at 3:00 pm, LexisNexis Risk Solutions will share recent non-responder analysis findings to show a profile of customers who are least likely to respond to recall notices in order to help automakers find more effective means of communicating to those customers and better understand how these consumer insights can be used to help drive recall response rates.
$49 for SAA members; $99 for non-members (includes 1-year SAA membership)