What's New at the SAA
TOUR OF MUNRO BENCHMARKING FACILITY
Join the SAA for an EXCLUSIVE TOUR of Munro & Associates’ competitive product benchmarking and teardown facilities, where products are analyzed for total accounted cost reduction and quality improvements.
The Society of Automotive Analysts is an organization that provides members with:
- Direct and personal access to industry leaders
- Exclusive events across the broad scope of the automotive industry
- Networking and interaction with key influencers
SAA President Makes Prestigious Crain's List
SAA President Paul Wheeler recently made Crain's Detroit prestigious 40 Under 40 list, thanks in part to him breathing new, younger life into the SAA and spearheading the organization's efforts to create student chapters.
Did you know that all SAA members receive a free subscription to AutoBeat Daily? To find out how to take advantage of this offer, login to the members section.
• Join YPN for a Tailgate with GMC
• The Auto Industry’s Real Challenge
• Is the End of the Auto Industry as We Know It Upon Us?
• Strategic Summit Presentations Now On-Line
• Has the U.S. Auto Industry Peaked?
• Job Openings on SAA Website
• CAFE Rules Should Stay as They Are, Auto-Industry Suppliers Agree
• U.S. 2025 Auto Fuel-Economy Target Gets Support From Suppliers
• California’s Uber to Open Tech Center in Detroit
It came out of nowhere. Last night’s abruptly called press conference by Toyota and mini-vehicle maker Suzuki was one of the strangest affairs I have seen in a while. Why? Because, on the face of it, these two companies have nothing really to share, not to mention the fact that Suzuki’s main rival Daihatsu is already a 100% subsidiary of Toyota.Read More
Fuel drives our transportation system. It powers more than 250 million vehicles that move people and goods across the country. Today, consumers are saving money at the pump, cars and trucks pollute less, and the auto industry is rapidly innovating. Much of this good news can be traced to efforts the Obama administration made over the past seven years to create a cleaner and more efficient U.S. transportation sector. Thanks to a series of fuel efficiency and tailpipe emission standards, the administration succeeded.Read More
The U.S. auto industry has been in the spotlight during the 2016 presidential campaigns, starting with the primaries. The hottest issue has not been about what automakers produce but where, thanks to the debate over free-trade deals including the North American Free Trade Agreement and the pending Trans-Pacific Partnership.