Innovation in Mobility Awards
Entries are now being accepted for SAA's Innovation in Mobility Awards.
There are two award categories:
1) Innovations in Lightweighting
2) Technologies Enabling New Business Models
After completing the form below, please send a photo of the technology being entered, logo of company and any other related image to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All entries must be received by July 31, 2019.
About the Award Categories:
Innovations in Lightweighting: This award recognizes suppliers serving the North American and global automotive OEMs with innovative products or technologies that provide either direct or indirect mass savings. The 2018 winner, AAM, developed an innovative driveline technology (QUANTUM) that saved up to 35% mass compared to the incumbent solution without sacrificing performance or power.
Technologies Enabling New Business Models:
The nominees for this category would include suppliers, OEMs and service providers, that are pushing the boundaries in serving and proactively responding to the highly evolving “mobility” space. The award would identify the companies that are actively transitioning away from traditional business models and practices and adding new lines of business and services, including any of the following:
- Electrification and Automated Driving
- Focus on initiatives in and outside the traditional auto industry, i.e. eVTOL or charging infrastructures
- Advanced propulsion technologies including batteries and motors/drives
An organization that has demonstrated a financial commitment to advancing innovation will also be recognized.
About the Judges:
Judges for the 2019 Innovation in Mobility Awards include:
- Abhay (Abe) Vadhavkar, Director of Manufacturing, Engineering & Technology, Center for Automotive Research (CAR)
- Hadrian Rori, Chief Technical Officer, Lightweight Innovations for Tomorrow (LIFT)
- Lindsay Brooke, Editor-in-Chief of Automotive Engineering and Autonomous Vehicle Engineering Magazines, SAE International