3 Current Job Openings -- Two from WardsAuto and one from IHS Markit
WardsAuto Business Development / Sales Manager
Description: WardsAuto (a division of Penton Media) has covered the auto industry for more than 90 years. Our team of experienced analysts, editors and researchers offer global in-depth automotive industry data, forecasts and intelligence. From competitive analyses and original research to market data and global vehicle forecasts, WardsAuto information products help key decision-makers within automakers, suppliers and financial institutions measure their business, identify market opportunities and evaluate risks.
WardsAuto currently has a need for a Business Development / Sales Manager. The results oriented, creative and strategic minded professional we seek will drive revenue through direct sales, prospecting, closing new business and upselling an existing account list.
With autonomous vehicles looming, new fuel economy and emissions standards on the horizon, and ongoing global integration, the suite of WardsAuto services sold by this position presents a great opportunity for the right candidate.
- Meet and exceed an annual quota.
- Introducing the company’s information capabilities to prospective customers and crafting proposals based on customer needs
- Acting as a point of contact, as needed, for customer support and assistance
- Providing regular reporting of pipeline, forecasts, and customer feedback
- Keeping abreast of automotive industry news and developments for an understanding of customer issues, market trends, and competitor services
- Practicing effective, excellent communication with management, customers and support staff
- Traveling to customer locations in support of sales efforts, as needed. Mostly in the Metro Detroit area.
- 2+ years of closing sales and achieving overall revenue goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to travel as needed to company events, industry conferences, and prospects offices
- Successful selling remotely (by phone, email and WebEx) as well as in person
- Bachelors’ degree and experience selling services in a B2B environment, preferred.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic organization, we would enjoy speaking with you about the opportunities available to join our team. Learn more: http://jobs.jobvite.com/penton/job/oWGq4fwQ
Business Development / Sales ManagerWardsAuto Product Specialist
Description: Product Specialist will be a supportive member of the Sales and Client Service group of WardsAuto Intelligence, a leading automotive information service company for automakers, suppliers and Wall Street analysts. Our successful candidate is interested in becoming well versed on all of WardsAuto’s Information Services in order to provide excellent client service, identify opportunities, and promptly resolve or refer client questions.
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Onboarding new clients by providing initial tutorials
- Identifying upsell opportunities in client conversations
- Following up with new clients after initial tutorial
- Maintaining client records, precise attention to detail
- Maintaining effective, professional working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Contacting clients for feedback on use of WardsAuto services and uncovering new opportunities
- Maintaining client confidentiality as defined by manager
Additional Position Responsibilities
- Understanding the larger WardsAuto business and the organization’s value to the industry
- Staying abreast of competitive developments in the automotive information industry
- Documenting intelligence garnered from clients
- Attending weekly meetings of the product support team
- Curiosity, interest in learning about auto industry and its businesses
- Ability to provide professional, prompt, accurate and friendly product support
- Understanding and interest in information and its value to business
- Experience understanding and resolving problems, courteously and accurately
- Ability to well with team members and colleagues
- Organized and attentive to detail in all matters
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
Learn more. http://jobs.jobvite.com/penton/job/oraE4fw3
IHS Markit is looking for a Senior Analyst in Southfield, MI.
Here is the link to the job description/application: https://jobs.ihs.com/job/US%2CMI%2CSouthfield%2C26533-Evergre-Sr_-Analyst-II-MI-48033/384050000/