What's New at the SAA
REGISTER FOR LIGHTWEIGHTING SUMMIT
Plans for the 3rd Annual Automotive Lightweighting Summit have been released. This year's event will feature a networking lunch and the presentation of the first Lightweighting Innovation Award.
The DodgeGarage.com Story
SAA/YPN members and guests enjoyed an informative and interactive event on July 26 at The JRT Agency. In addition to valuable networking, attendees at "DodgeGarage.com Story: Turning Enthusiast Content into Strategic, Measurable Marketing" played games, enjoyed a food truck, saw new Dodge vehicles, heard from Dodge marketing executives and more.
• Lightweighting Summit Registration Open
• Save the Date
• Trade Resolution May Help, But Won’t Fix, Auto Industry Decline, Analyst Says
• Applying Operational PDCA to Trade and Tariff Risk
• Will Trump’s NAFTA Deal Benefit Automakers?
• NAFTA and the Auto Industry
• Auto OEMs Look to New Braidy Industries Mill in Kentucky to Ease Aluminum Shortage
• Can Auto Industry Resolve Hot Car Issue?
• What are the Best and Worst Car Brands in the U.S. in 2018?
• Some Auto Industry Suppliers are Worried About Tesla Going Bankrupt, Survey Reveals
NAFTA negotiations are proceeding, and additional tariffs are being considered on Chinese products related to Section 301 actions and the automotive Section 232 investigation. In the latest thought leadership piece from Plante Moran, learn how business leaders can stay ahead of uncertainty related to trade and tariff risk.Read More
In the race for self-driving cars, building consumer trust when it comes to safety is just as important as building the technology. According to findings from the 2018 Cox Automotive Evolution of Mobility Study: Autonomous Vehicles, consumer awareness of driverless vehicles has skyrocketed and the desire for autonomous features is high.Read More
Kirsten Hewson is the 2018 recipient of SAA’s Thought Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship. Kirsten, who grew up in Royal Oak, Mich., is currently studying marketing at Oakland University. Q) What is your career goal? A) My career goal is to become a marketing manager or a brand manager. I would love to work on a…Read More
Five of the six major automakers manufacturing and selling vehicles in North America fell in their annual supplier relations rankings, according to the results of the 18th annual North American Automotive OEM – Supplier Working Relations Index® Study conducted by Planning Perspectives, Inc., Birmingham, MI.