What's New at the SAA
As recall volumes continue at over 50 million affected vehicles per year and news of global recalls dominate the headlines, the industry continues to wonder what the future will hold. In an environment of change and upheaval, how do we know what the right path is? Learn more about the latest data, trends and observations on automotive recalls during the 4th Annual Automotive Warranty & Recall Symposium on March 28.
THE CHINESE ARE HERE!
“The Chinese are coming!” This is not a new headline in the automotive industry. But this time, the Chinese aren’t coming; they are here and making an impact. On Feb. 1, SAA members and guests had the rare opportunity to hear directly from two Chinese automakers and China auto expert Michael Dunne on how Chinese automakers and suppliers are not only disrupting the U.S auto market but how their strategies are unique, accelerated and in a totally different way from the Japanese and Korean low-price approach.
Michael Dunne's presentation is located in the members section.
AUTOMOTIVE OUTLOOK CONFERENCE
• Cost Recover Panel Added to Annual Recall/Warranty Summit
• No Cost Event: USMCOC Great Lakes Chapter, Member Launch and Policy Event at Automation Alley
• The Auto Industry Wants to Bring Back the SUV Era
• Bowing to Auto Industry Pressure, Trump to Reconsider Emissions Standards, Says Source
• U.S. Auto Sales Rise Less Than Forecast in February
• Morgan Stanley’s Lead Auto Analyst Reveals All You Need to Know About the U.S. Car Market
• The Auto Industry Better Watch for Robots, Cramer Says
Jim Taylor, the chief revenue officer of Karma Automotive talks about bringing Fisker electric hybrid designs back from the brink of bankruptcy. Taylor spoke at SAA’s Annual Automotive Outlook Conference.Read More
U.S. automakers sold a record 17.55 million new cars and trucks in the U.S. in 2016. Sales could fall in 2017, but will remain robust.Read More
AmericaJR’s Jason Rzucidlo reports from the Gem Theatre for the 30th Annual SAA Automotive Outlook Conference. It featured a three-hour deep dive into key trends for the upcoming year. In this video, watch for remarks from Mr. Jim Taylor, Chief Revenue Officer of the new Karma Automotive. You’ll hear about Karma Automotive’s go-to-market strategies and much more. He talked about the company’s upbringings and what they have planned for the future.